Do you think that these are the best solution?




Weight Loss: The Proper Mindset for Success Try It Now

Do you know the number one word that will prevent you from achieving your weight loss goals - or any goal, for that matter? It's a small word, but one that packs a lot of power... unfortunately, its negative power.
Not only do you have to guard against using this word yourself, but you also have to vigilantly refuse to let anyone else use this word on you. It will sap you of your strength, your desire, your motivation, and your ability to succeed.

It's the word "can't".
There are two big reasons you need to remove this word from your vocabulary entirely.
First, when you say "I can't (fill in the blank)" you are giving up and announcing defeat. You can actually feel a physical change in your body. Have you ever been in the middle of a really tough workout and you have to do a few more sets or a few more repetitions, and your body is screaming for a break, and then you speak the words "I can't". Suddenly, the little strength you had left vanishes, and you are finished. The funny thing is, sometimes when you have said that you can't and walk away, you sometimes look back and say to yourself "You know, I think I probably could have done just one more set". But, the momentum is gone. Your heart rate and breathing have recovered. It's too late. You missed your window.

The second way we use the word "can't" is to deprive ourselves of something. "I can't eat that. It isn't on my diet." Or, maybe someone else uses it against you. "I know you can't eat that, because you are on a diet." Nothing gets my fire up faster than being told I can't do, eat, or have something I want. And when it comes to making healthier choices in what you eat, it's important to not feel as though you are depriving yourself. That is the surest way to fall off the wagon and go on a full-out binge. There is a reason most people gain back all the weight they lost and more when they go off of a diet. If you have felt deprived, and longed for that cookie, or piece of cake, or that milk shake, you will feel as though you have the right to treat yourself once you have achieved your goal.

Learn to rephrase these thoughts. If you are tired in your workout, and you don't think you can possibly do another set, don't say "I can't", say "I've made great progress, and soon that one more set will be easy." You have suddenly changed from a position of powerlessness, to a position of strength. You are getting stronger every day, and soon (maybe even tomorrow) you will do it.

And what about your food choices? I never say I can't eat something. First of all, it isn't true. I can eat a piece of pie. In fact, I can eat the entire pie if I want to. But I don't want to. It isn't a matter of "can't" it's a matter of "choice". I recently had someone tell me "Oh, you can't eat that." My response? "Sure I can. I just choose not to. I would rather eat something that's good for my body."

It's not just about changing your vocabulary. It's about changing your mindset. You can make better choices. You can succeed at your health and fitness goals. But, you may have to clean up your vocabulary if you are going to stay on track.

No comments :

Post a Comment